- Replacement of approximately 850 water meters in residences and commercial locations.
- Installation of a Fixed Base meter reading system
- Hourly data for leak monitoring & customer service improvements
- Improve the Village's ability to read and bill water comsumption
- Project will begin July 2018 and is expected to take approximately 6 months
- Residents will receive a letter from NECO requesting that they schedule an appointment by calling a dedicated 1-800 number or visiting NECO's website
Status Update (chronological):
Project start July 2018
Leetonia water customers will be receiving a letter from NECO (Neptune Equipment Company) requesting them to call in and set up an appointment to have their water meter changed out. You are being asked to call into 1-800-624-6975 to set up your appointment OR you can set it up online at http://www.necowater.com/schedule If you schedule online, you should get an email confirmation back. The Village would appreciate that everyone call in A.S.A.P. so that this program can be completed before bad weather starts to set in. Just a reminder the property owner is responsible to maintain the water lines from the curb box into the water meter, PLUS the plumbing on house side of the meter. Plumbing MUST be in such a condition to allow the meter to be changed out. Failure to have this work done during the project time frame will result in the cost of the meter, the equipment cost, and cost of labor to be passed onto the customer. Please feel free to call with any questions or concerns: 330-427-6720 Water Office 330-427-8087 Public Works
All customers should already have or will be receiving a letter from NECO regarding scheduling an appointment to replace your meter. Please respond to this letter as soon as possible. To schedule an appointment please call NECO at 1-800-624-6975 Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. installation of meters should take between 30-60 minutes. The customer is responsible for the repair of defective plumbing or valves on their property. When such conditions prevent the meter replacement, the customer will be advised of the repairs needed. Once the repairs are completed, the homeowners can contact NECO to make an appointment to change the water meter.